Sunday, January 9, 2011

Bridal Show 2011

I only had 5 days to get my stuff together for my first bridal show. Not knowing where I would begin, all I knew is that I wanted to give the brides a wonderful experience. First thing is Pick Flavours. I chose to do Red Velvet , Pina Colada , Chocolate and Chocolate Raspberry and then some Yummy Chocolate Cake truffles. What's a perfect size cupcake for this kind of Event? I Decided to go with a medium size, all done in two bites. Perfect especially this time of year since everyone is watching thier weight after the holidays.
The next thing on the list was pictures. I Quickly had to create a photo album of wedding cakes for people to look through at the booth. Also I thought a laptop would be great for slideshows but then hubby came up with a monitor idea, so we connected the two and ended up being a lovely display. We have a display cake which i used in October for my bridal tasting, so that was a check! Lastly was Decoration. I did the best I could with that. Found these Adorable Polkadot Gerbera daisy Flowers at Michaels and had some things laying around to create a floral showpiece. Also chose some ribbon to go around my Cupcake stand to make it pop. Overall I think it was put together pretty well. If I had more time , I would have gotten a Banner made but I was pretty satisfied.
Doors opened at noon and it was just crazy from there. Cupcakes were flying off the shelves! Brides were taking thier Price lists and flavours and looking through wedding cake pictures. It was great! All the Vendors Booths were so amazingly decorated. I kind of wanted to plan my wedding all over again. :) After all the chaos , the bridal gown fashion show started and I bought myself a glass of Red Wine from the bar and just enjoyed it .  I met some amazing people there and had two amazing helpers. I look forward to another amazing show in the future!
Sher






No comments:

Post a Comment